The summers get pretty hot and humid here in Pennsylvania. Our job is to make sure your house is cool as a cucumber on those hot summer days! Air conditioning options are endless to ensure that we are able to meet the needs of every single home! We install and service the whole home central AC system, ductless mini split units, and package AC units.
If your home is in need of a new AC system installation our trusted professionals will come out and assess your home’s air conditioning needs. Factoring everything from the square footage of your home to assessing your current air conditioning set up; our team can find the perfect AC system for your home. If your home is not currently equipped with ductwork or if ductwork is unable to be installed a ductless mini split system is perfect for your home! If your previous system was not keeping up correctly or if you added a new room to your home, our technicians will find the perfect central air conditioning system for you. During our free estimates the team will walk you through the entire process, ask questions, and determine the best type of system for you! Call us today at 484-638-2837 to schedule your free estimate!
As with your heating system your air conditioning should also be serviced annually. We typically recommend that systems are serviced shortly before air conditioning season begins. If you do not want to worry about calling to schedule your service, check out one of our Comfort Amenity Plans. Annual maintenance checks allow our technicians to review your system in depth to determine if any repairs are needed to make your system run more efficiently or prevent any unexpected breakdowns. We love to make sure our customers are able to keep as much money as possible in their pockets, which is why we always recommend that homeowners let our family take care of your family!
During our annual checks our technicians will:
- Open the system, inspect, clean and tune-up all of the internal AC components like the coils and fins are in great shape.
- Check all of the belt for tightness and wear, as the belts can cause annoying squeaks and noises if they are not inspected regularly
- Inspect all oil motors within the system
- When the system is open our techs will verify that all electric terminals are properly maintained; keeping your system running efficiently.
- Our technicians will also check for cooling leaks, loose internal components and any other potential safety hazards.
Once our technicians review the entire system they will explain what they found in a way that is simple for homeowners to understand. If they find anything that needs repair or replacement they will present everything they recommend to make sure the system stays in perfect running shape all year long. We also always keep cost in mind, so our prices are reasonable and transparent during all of our maintenance checks!
How can you spot if you might be having an issue? Below you will find some common signs of your system possibly starting to have some problems. If you recognize any of these signs as things your system is doing please call us to schedule! We will get a technician out there as quickly as possible to prevent any larger issues!
- The air is not as cold or inconsistent.
- The air flow in your home has weakened.
- Your energy bills have been rising.
- You have had problems with your thermostat.
- You find moisture where it shouldn’t be.
- You hear strange sounds or smell weird smells.
Leaving any of the above issues unchecked can cause the system to break down and potentially cost more to repair. There is nothing worse than coming home on a hot summer day and finding your AC is not working. Don’t let any issues with your AC system go untreated, call us to come out and troubleshoot what is going on! Proper maintenance and troubleshooting any issues when they start will help keep your system running in tip top shape as long as they are designed to last!
Mini Split Systems
What happens if your house does not have the room or capability of having ductwork installed for whole home AC/Heat? Technology has come such a long way which have brought ductless AC/Heating equipment! Now every home has the ability to have whole home AC and heat! Ductless systems (or mini split systems) are great systems to install in your house, on a screened in porch, or even in a garage! Our technicians have many years of experience in installing these systems.
How Does It Work?
When you order a ductless home heating system from us there are two main parts that you can expect to be installed in your home. A ductless system is comprised of two major pieces of equipment. The compressor unit goes outside of your house, typically on a concrete slab or mounted to the side of your home. Inside your house our technicians will be determine how many heads (sometimes called fans) based on the square footage of your home or the square footage of a specific room you are looking to heat or cool. That is why ductless systems are so popular right now, because it is incredibly flexible based on how YOU want to heat or cool your home!
The compressor pumps warm or cool air through short pipes in the wall to the fans. The fans then distribute the air throughout your home. The compressor also transfers energy to the indoor units so that you do not need to worry about having any more wires in your home. Our technicians also install a set of slim duct which also makes it look more appealing!
We really believe in the Mini Split systems, and as always our installs come with a warranty of parts and labor that is second to none in the HVAC industry! If you are interested in getting a price of installing one of these systems in your home please call us today to schedule a FREE estimate! Our incredibly knowledgeable team will help you choose the best type of system and configuration that will work best for you, your home, and your budget!
5 Benefits Of Ductless Mini Split Systems
- Flexibility – Ductless heating and cooling units are fairly small and do not take up much space in your home. The indoor fans only take up a few of feet of space on the wall and the outdoor compressor is about the size of a large suitcase.
- Energy Efficiency – Unlike common HVAC systems, ductless systems deliver air directly into your room. The air does not travel through the walls or have a chance of getting stuck due to dust build-up. This improves both the efficiency and the lifespan of your system.
- Save Money – Utility costs for traditional HVAC systems has been on the rise lately. Ductless heating and cooling systems rely on less power, thereby saving you money.
- Improve Air Quality – Traditional HVAC systems get dirty quickly and the filters have to be changed often. Ductless systems have multi-stage filtration systems that keep your air free of allergens, dust, and bacteria for longer periods of time. Cleaner air will also help those with allergies.
- Environmentally Friendly – B&L Ott’s ductless air systems have little effect on the ozone layer. They use cleaner energy which will help reduce your carbon footprint.